Join Our Team
At Bates, we consult with top global companies to help leaders bridge the gap between strategy to execution. We are a growing Boston-based firm searching for a Senior Consultant to work with executive level clients.
Founded in 2000, we have a highly regarded brand and enviable client portfolio cultivated over many years of delivering exceptional results. We are differentiated by our breakthrough research, proprietary approaches, exceptional customer experience, thought leadership, marketing power, and a distinguished bench of talented consultants.
Our clients are senior business executives and teams at global companies who turn to Bates to advise them in improving company performance through great leadership. Our range of services includes consulting, executive advisory, team facilitation, coaching and learning programs, assessment and data analysis. Our consultants partner closely with company leaders to translate strategy into action, and drive business value.
Bates has pioneered two proprietary, research-based leadership models and multi-rater assessments: The Bates ExPI™, which measures executive presence and influence and is now used in global companies across 20 countries; and The Bates LTPI™, a breakthrough model of leadership team performance that measures how teams engage to drive business results.
Senior Consultant, Principal
In this role, you will work with executives and senior management to provide a lens on their own professional development, and you’ll work with leaders, teams and groups to problem-solve and execute their business strategies. The objective of the engagements is to support those in key roles as they increase their leadership skill, maximize their impact, elevate their own performance, position themselves for top roles, and lead their teams, to enable their organizations to thrive.
Business development is an important responsibility in this role. You will be initiating new relationships, cultivating prospects, expanding accounts and driving revenue for the firm. In this role, you will manage and grow the firm’s portfolio of corporate clients. A significant element of compensation above salary is in commission for sales that generate top line revenue growth for the firm.
Preferred Candidates have:
- Demonstrated experience as a leader, and/or advising senior leaders, integrating knowledge of leadership with deep understanding of the strategic interests and business imperatives of business leaders;
- Familiarity with a range of leadership roles and understanding of the responsibilities of executives and managers in the businesses and functions;
- Experience collaborating and working effectively when necessary with Human Resources, including Talent and OD, as well as Communications, IR and Strategy and Change Management;
- Poise, confidence and practical wisdom; C Suite presence that gives you the standing to work with senior leaders to gain clarity, work through complexity, and solve the right problems;
- Experience facilitating leadership and project teams to help them become high performing, build positive team dynamic, collaborate and drive results;
- A desire to, and experience in, end to end business development - from cultivating new business to building and managing a sales pipeline, leading sales discovery meetings, understanding the nature of client challenges, developing outstanding proposals and closing deals;
- The desire to, and experience in growing accounts by fostering relationships with decision-makers, delivering exceptional service, and overseeing the quality and effectiveness of engagements to build long-term relationships;
- The motivation and agility to succeed in an entrepreneurial, high energy, flexible and fast-paced team environment where collaboration is our culture;
- Exceptional listening skills, which translate both into good results for clients, as well as success identifying opportunities and solutions that align with our firm’s capabilities;
- Strong professional presence and presentation skills that command a room- the ability to deliver a powerful message, create rapport, establish credibility, and teach these skills to others;
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills including asking great questions, building rapport, winning trust, using critical thinking skills and providing recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- MBA and proficiency in multiple languages a plus;
- Experience working in or with Fortune 1000 accounts;
- Professional facilitation training desirable;
- Track record in team leadership, including management of strategic initiatives;
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and time management skills;
- Completion of training in consultative sales;
- Understanding of the language of leadership development and executive
This position reports to the SVP of Global Consulting and includes a generous compensation program and competitive benefits. Interested and qualified candidates may send professional resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.