Join Our Team
At Bates, a BTS Company, we consult with top global companies to help leaders bridge the gap between strategy to execution. We are a growing Boston-based practice searching for a Senior Director/Consultant to work with executive level clients.
Founded in 2000, and recently acquired by the global leadership firm BTS, we have a highly regarded brand and enviable client portfolio cultivated over many years of delivering exceptional results. We are differentiated by our breakthrough research, proprietary approaches, exceptional customer experience, thought leadership, marketing power, and a distinguished bench of talented consultants.
Our clients are senior business executives and teams at global companies who turn to our team to advise them in improving company performance through great leadership. Our range of services includes consulting, executive advisory, team facilitation, coaching and learning programs, assessment and data analysis. Our consultants partner closely with company leaders to translate strategy into action, and drive business value.
Bates has pioneered two proprietary, research-based leadership models and multi-rater assessments: The Bates ExPI™, which measures executive presence and influence and is now used in global companies across 20 countries; and The Bates LTPI™, a breakthrough model of leadership team performance that measures how teams engage to drive business results.
- In this role, you will work with executives and senior management in client companies to provide a lens on their individual development, and you’ll work with leaders, teams and groups to develop the skills to problem-solve and execute their business strategies. The objective of the engagements is to support those in key roles as they increase their leadership skill, maximize their impact, elevate their own performance, position themselves for top roles, and lead their teams to enable their organizations to thrive.
- Business development is an important responsibility in this role. Using consultative selling, you will be initiating new relationships, cultivating prospects, expanding accounts and driving new revenue for the firm, opening, managing and growing a portfolio of corporate clients. A significant element of compensation above salary is in commission for sales that generate top line revenue growth for the firm.
- You will have access to proprietary world-class services and solutions for business leaders spanning C-level succession and advisory, change and transformations consulting, high potential development, leadership team effectiveness, and sales and marketing strategy and training.
We’re looking for this role to:
Deliver Value to Executives
- Career experience as a leader, and/or advising senior leaders, integrating knowledge of leadership with deep understanding of the strategic interests and business imperatives of business leaders;
- Familiarity with a range of leadership roles and understanding of the responsibilities of executives and managers in the businesses and functions;
- Experience collaborating and working effectively with Human Resources, including Talent and OD, as well as Communications, IR and Strategy and Change Management;
- Confidence and presence in the C-suite to demonstrate credibility with senior leaders;
- Experience facilitating leadership and project teams to help them become high performing, build positive team dynamic, collaborate and drive results.
Develop Revenue for the Bates Practice
- Business development drive - from cultivating new business to building and managing a sales pipeline, leading sales discovery meetings, understanding the nature of client challenges, developing outstanding proposals and closing deals;
- Ability to grow accounts by fostering relationships with decision-makers, delivering exceptional service, and overseeing the quality and effectiveness of engagements to build long-term relationships;
- The agility to succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced team environment where collaboration is our culture;
- Exceptional listening skills, which translate both into good results for clients, as well as success identifying opportunities and solutions that align with our firm’s capabilities;
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills including asking great questions, building rapport, winning trust, using critical thinking skills and providing options.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- MBA and proficiency in multiple languages a plus;
- Track record in team leadership, including management of strategic initiatives;
- Experience working in or with Fortune 1000 accounts;
- Professional facilitation training with C-level executives desirable;
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and time management skills;
- Track record in consultative selling.
This position reports to the Head of Consulting, Bates/BTS Boston and includes a generous compensation program and competitive benefits. Interested and qualified candidates may send professional resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.